Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sony VAIO TZ Series vs. Toshiba Portege R500

I'm really looking forward to the new ultraportables from Sony and Toshiba, even though I'm satisfied with my 13.3" Sony VAIO VGN-S460. It would be nice to have a computer that is lighter and smaller. Both the Sony TZ Series and the Toshiba R500 and being released this summer and will both cost around $2000.



Toshiba Portege R500: 12.1" screen, .77" thick and 2.4 pounds
(Full specs: http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/ebtext.to?page=r500micro_prod)



Sony VAIO TZ: 11.1" screen, 1.17" thick, and 2.62 pounds
(Full specs: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3698)

The Toshiba R500 is the thinnest computer to have an optical drive, which is as expected a DVD burner. Still, I think the Sony looks more stylish, especially with the new "floating keyboard". Anyway, these are both amazing notebooks. I don't think I'll be getting either of them with those price tags, but it will interesting to see the reviews when they hit shelves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home