Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Counting Coins at Commerce Bank

In a comment to Monday's post, Coinstar: Count your coins for FREE for using Amazon or iTunes!, an anonymous visitor posted that Commerce Bank will also count coins for free. I decided to go to Commerce Bank today to count my coins. I didn't have very many coins to be counted but, since the semester is almost over, I took all the coins on my desk and added them to the coins in my jar.

The Commerce Bank was very easy to locate, right on the corner of Broadway and Bond St. I wasn't sure of the address at first but I just sent a quick text to Google on my there.

Anyway, there was a big sign in the window advertising the coin counting machine. The best part of the machine, know as PENNY ARCADE, is that if you guess the amount of your coins within $1.99 you win a prize. And, you don't need to have a Commerce Bank account to use the machine.

I pushed "Go" on the kid-friendly user interface and followed the on-screen instructions. I guessed the amount of my coins, which I didn't think would be more than $10, considering the small size of the jar. Surprisingly, I got $24.08. The receipt listed how much of each coin I had but I didn't read it before giving it to the cashier.


Recommended: Yes. The machine was easy to use and it counted all my coins in a few seconds. You also have the opportunity to win a prize if you guess your amount correctly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home